November 2012 Day 67 - It's Alive and a solar eclipse

Today started off with a Solar Eclipse, we had our eclipse glasses from "Ice in Space" and they where well worth the $3.50 price tag.

Photobucket
So back to car's, over the past few weeks I've been building another car, one to match the rally car, just not as large.  I picked up this 1:24 model off eBay a few months back and had been meaning to put it together, just needed to find some time.  The stickers where all shot, being a 15 year old model they where just not meant to last that long I guess.  So I decided to used the spray paint I used to spray the bumper of the rally car so the two cars match, I also kept the colour matching on the inside of the car.  The box showed the car as blue, I can only remember them as either white or yellow, either way this one is going to be unique.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I've also been creating a few fibreglass bits for the car, honing my skills with the resin, these items are an electric window control box, utilising the existing controller, and a steering wheel backing plate for buttons, I'm not sure what buttons yet at the moment the horn is all I can think of putting on there.


PhotobucketPhotobucket






I also had a birthday during September where I picked up my last bit of driver gear, my family got me my driving suit and now I have everything I need to get in the car and do some rally's.  Its a bit black and white, but it all matches, and that's the main thing is it not?
Photobucket



So today finished with a trip down to NA Autosport & Engineering to see how the MoTeC tune was coming along.  Nick had worked his magic and wired in an EVO 4-8 unit into the car, why an EVO and not a Subaru, well MoTeC don't cater for a car of this age, so it was down to finding a unit that had a similar plug arrangement.  From the picture below you can see an adapter lead was eventually made up to suit the ECU. Nick then did his thing with a tune from an early WRX and the car was ready to start.
Photobucket



Click on the link to see the car start for the first time in 3 years, (3" Turbo back exhaust, no CAT).
After 3 years the car is now Alive and kicking

This week it's dyno time to see how many horses it can produce, Blue plate engineering check and then its on the home straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment