June Update - The Car v The Shed

Hi everyone progress on the car has slowed a little since the last time I posted.  The big push over the past few months is to get the shed extensions completed before it starts to rain here in Queensland.  The good news is the shed is now at lockup stage just as the rain has started here, with just some internal cladding
to complete the project.  I now have a dry clean work area for the car and I can work on the car at nights, which I have not been able to do in the past.

Although my priority has been to get the shed build, (I'm building it all myself), the car is still being progressed by others, its made its way back to NA Autosport and Engineering to have some bits a pieces installed, mostly items that where to heavy or I was not confident in tackling myself.  So far Nick and the guys have installed the flywheel, clutch and 6 speed gearbox into the car, and will be running the
brake and fuel lines in the car as well as installing a new set of 50mm DMS (Drummond Motor Sports) suspension.  We where going to replace all the rubber bushes in the rear suspension, but due to the floods in Japan we have not been able to get any new bushes from Subaru in time, so the rear suspension has been
upgrades to newer STI items with trailing arms, rear links, strut tops and sway bars all replaced.  Now when you look under the car its all just about STI gear, the only items that are not STI are the front and rear cross members and the RS auto drive shaft, (not including the engine which is stock RS).










The car has also had the paper work completed to get a CAM's log book, thanks to Dave the scrutineer who kindly came out and gave the car the tick of approval.  For the car to be approved based on the 2011 roll cage specs I have to have the paper work done by August this year.

Once the car is done at NA Autosport and Engineering and in the new shed, I will be looking at getting the rest of the car together, turbo, intercooler, engine electrics and push the big red button and see what happens.....to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment